Saturday, November 16, 2013

Hungry Little Animal

No comments:
 "I don't know much about you, just that you are this hungry little animal in my house."
These were among the first words my husband used to console our newborn girl as she cried and waited the  five minutes between feedings that I needed to take a shower. 

That was two years ago this month.


For all October I waited for autumn to arrive. But summer clung. October was hot and green where it wasn't parched and brown.

 In early November, my water broke. Finally. (Pregnancy was about 40 months by my calculations.) We arrived at the hospital long before sunrise on the Sunday of the NYC marathon. This was the view from our room.


Autumn had brought my daughter, or the other way round. Either way, the two things I was most desperate for had arrived.







No comments:

Powered By Blogger | Design by Genesis Awesome | Blogger Template by Lord HTML